On January 26th and 27th, the “Supply Chain Finance Summit” was held once again, BCR’s annual event where the latest trends in the sector are shown and where the leaders of the trade finance industry share their ideas.
This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the meeting has been online, but this has not reduced the attendance, on the contrary. Being a virtual event, it has given us the opportunity to network with an even wider circle of industry leaders worldwide.
This event allows us to learn about the latest trends, ideas and developments transforming supply chain management. This year there was an opportunity to widen the circle of experts to a global base, and industry professionals responded.
Professionals who have highlighted among other things:
– The importance of SCF in a fast-changing global environment, as well as the industry’s rapid response to covid.
– The rapid digitisation of the sector and the expansion of Blockchain technologies, which not only provide the industry with more security and traceability, but also increase the availability of liquidity on a global scale.
– Increased awareness of sustainability among large companies and the opportunity to improve sustainability through economic incentives in the financing chain based on suppliers’ ESG scores.
– Market growth in the Asian region, due to increased regulation by the Chinese government to minimise fraud losses.
– The trend towards the creation of new financial products that allow investors to directly finance companies’ receivables through fintechs.
This VI edition, which Alvantia has had the opportunity to attend and sponsor, has once again given us the opportunity to share and analyse the latest proposals in commercial financing: Ideas and projects that will help define and build the future of SCF in the coming years.