The growth of cloud computing is being exponential, which has led to the development of various implementation models depending on the needs of each company or developer. In this post, we are going to talk about Cloud Computing, the most used models and their advantages.
Cloud Computing consists of offering and providing services through the Internet, including infrastructure, servers, networks, databases and software. These services can be public or private, and can be accessible by anyone or through a private network accessible only by certain clients.
The most important characteristics are flexibility, which allows resources to be increased or reduced according to demand, and cost reduction, thanks to the pay-as-you-go model. They are secure environments, managed by experts, with high availability, accessible, monitored and with 24/7 support, which allow improving the Time to Market.
There are three types of services through the internet:
Infrastructure as a Service, where a third party provides infrastructure services over the internet. The user must be responsible for the management of the infrastructure, Operating System, Middleware, Databases and applications. With this service it is not necessary to invest in local hardware, you can build your own infrastructure without making large investments in hardware or maintenance. As an example of IAAS we find Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
Why should you use IAAS?
- Flexibility, thanks to the auto scaling of resources based on demand.
- Savings in infrastructure, by not having to buy and maintain your own hardware.
- Pay per use, you only pay for the necessary resources.
- Efficiency, the implementation of new projects is faster.
- Security, environments managed by experts with high availability, backups and support.
Platform as a Service, where a third party provides its clients with a Cloud environment in which to develop and manage their applications. With respect to IAAS, it adds a series of components such as security, operating system, databases, servers and other software tools so that you can focus solely on the implementation and maintenance of your code and data. This model allows companies to focus on developing their applications without worrying about setting up and maintaining the necessary infrastructure. As an example of PAAS we highlight Google APP Engine, Heroku and AWS Lambda.
Why should you use PAAS?
- Maintenance, allows you to focus on the business, not worrying about the development environment.
- Efficiency in the development, since it is based on predefined and tested technological Stacks, minimizing the risk of error.
- Cost reduction, you only pay for the necessary resources.
- Efficiency in deployments and tests, being able to create environments quickly and easily.
- Accesibility, very useful for collaboration between distributed teams.
- Security, automated backups.
Software as a Service, where a third party provides their customers with access to their software over the internet. The access to the software can be through an API or a Web and is usually contracted through a subscription model. It is the most complete option since it offers a comprehensive service managed by the provider, which is responsible for the development and maintenance of the software. As an example of SAAS we have email services such as Gmail, DropBox or DocuSign.
Why shoould you use SAAS?
- Efficiency and cost , improves the Time To Market, since we can use the software of a third party without the need to develop a custom product.
- Security, maintenance, versioning, updates and backup copies by the third party.
- Accesibility, service with high availability.
- 24/7 Support
We offer our Factoring and Confirming platform in the SAAS model, so that our clients can focus on their business without worrying about software development. In addition, we add value thanks to our experience in the sector and the satisfaction of our clients, improving the Time to Market and using a secure platform, managed by experts and with high availability.